- 3 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 7 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces baby spinach, washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- dash of salt
Fry the bacon in a skillet until crispy/chewy. Remove to a paper towel.
Leave a small amount of bacon fat in the skillet; drain the rest into a bowl and reserve.
Slice the red onion very thinly, and then add to the skillet.
Cook slowly until the onions are caramelized and reduced. Remove to a plate and set aside.
Make the hot bacon dressing: Add bacon fat, vinegar, sugar, Dijon and salt to a small saucepan or skillet over medium-low heat.
Whisk together and heat thoroughly until bubbly.
Toss spinach with warm dressing in a large bowl until evenly coated.
Divide spinach among 6 plates and top with onions, bacon, tomatoes, and egg.
Source: slightly modified from Pioneer Woman