Sunday, December 23, 2012

Muddy Buddies

This is a good ol' classic.  I'd forgotten how delish it is until I made it for my kids at school a while back.  There's something very addictive about this little peanut buttery-chocolate-crunchy mixy mix. 


 MUDDY BUDDIES
  • 9 cups Chex cereal (I like to use rice Chex.)
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

Measure cereal into large bowl. (I use the biggest bowl I have. It makes mixing much easier.)


In bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute. Stir.


Microwave for 15-30 more seconds and stir until smooth.


Add vanilla to chocolate mixture.


Pour mixture over cereal and mix until well coated.


Add powdered sugar and mix well.


NOTE: You can put the mixture into a plastic bag and add the powdered sugar and shake. I feel like this can easily be done in the bowl instead.


Spread on wax paper and cool.


Source:  Chex Website

No comments:

Post a Comment