AND, my favorite thing ever is this new tip for making crispy taco shells. I like them just a touch chewy. Y.U.M.
TIP: CRISPY TACO SHELLS
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap several corn tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Brush both sides of corn tortillas with olive oil.
- Drape tortillas over twos bars of oven rack so they hang down.
- Place a baking sheet on a lower rack to catch any oil drips.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until your desired crispiness.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 chicken breasts, frozen or fresh
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
In a small bowl mix together chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and salt. Rub the spice mixture on the chicken.
Place the chicken in slow cooker and top with red peppers, onions, and garlic.
Pour the soy sauce and squeeze the lime over the top.
Cook for 4-5 hours on low. Shred chicken and serve in crispy or soft tortillas.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups corn, frozen or canned
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- squeeze of lime juice
- salt to taste
In a skillet, melt butter.
Add the onion and saute until translucent, 3-4 minutes.
Add the corn and cilantro and cook for a few minutes more.
Squeeze lime over the top and salt to taste.
Source: modified from Live Simply