*Note on Quinoa:
The first time I made this I used 2 cups of uncooked quinoa, which was way too much. Clearly, I didn't read the directions carefully. Cook about 3/4 cup and you should have just enough for your 2 cups of cooked quinoa.
MANGO and BLACK BEAN QUINOA
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooked in vegetable or chicken broth, at room temperature or chilled
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add mango, red pepper, green onions, black beans, and cilantro.
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice. Whisk until smooth.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Chill for at least one hour before serving.
Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe