Sunday, October 21, 2012

Party: Monica's Pre-Wedding Dinner

I like to have a party now and again.  Since a good party includes good food, and that's what this blog is about, I think I will document my parties as well as continue to share my favorite recipes. 

My friend Monica is getting married next week to my friend Adam.  It's fun when two good friends marry each other.  And, since I introduced them, I feel like I can take some credit for this happy occasion that is about to occur.

I hosted a small dinner to celebrate with Monica before her big day with a few of her girlfriends.  I went with a Mexican theme since Monica and I always go to Cactus when we get together.  We always get virgin mojitos and green enchiladas.  I attempted to recreate our tradition and this is how it turned out. 

The Menu:















I made a few tissue flowers for the table and ordered some festive paper fans from Amazon.


Since the guest list was small, I was able to do lots of fun little extras.  Each place setting had a lime placecard, a Mexican bottled soda, a small jar of homemade salsa (from the enchiladas I served), a teeny bottle of Tabasco, and some Hershey's chocolates (Monica's favorite).   



I'm so glad we got a chance to visit with friends and celebrate Monica's upcoming wedding!

CONGRATS, ADAM & MONICA!!  So happy for you guys.   

No comments:

Post a Comment