Saturday, December 14, 2013

Mini Cheesecakes

I made these for the first time when I was in college.  My roommate, Lyndsey, needed some sort of refreshments for one of her vocal concerts so we went to work making a boatload of mini cheesecakes.  I just had them again recently at Thanksgiving and was reminded of how tasty they are. Delish and super simple.  This is a great recipe to have in the books.

Notes:

  • You can use Nilla wafers for the crust or you can make the crust below.  Finding Nilla wafers here is tricky so I need an alternative.
  • I've adjusted the amounts based on the ingredients I can find here.  So, I've given two versions for the fillings, depending on whether you are in or out of the U.S.  
 





MINI CHEESECAKES

Crust:

  • 1 cup graham crackers
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted 

Mix together and press into the bottom of cupcake liners.  I use a tart tamper for this part. 


Bake for 15 minutes at 325 degrees.  


Filling (in the U.S.):
  • 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
  • zest of 1 lemon (optional)

Filling (outside the U.S.):
  • 600 grams cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
  • zest of 1 lemon (optional)

In a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until light.  


Add sugar and vanilla and continue to mix until well blended.  


Add eggs and mix well.  


Pour over crusts (or Nilla wafers), fill 3/4 full.  


Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 or until set.  


Top with raspberry puree, cherries, mandarin oranges, or chocolate shavings.  


Source:  Stephanie Moy and Marsha Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment