Thursday, January 16, 2014

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I made this homemade taco seasoning as Christmas gifts for my teammates at school.  I opted to leave it in layers and put instructions on the tag to shake well before using.  Doesn't it look pretty?  Homemade taco seasoning = practical gift.  I like practical.



















HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING

  • 1/2 cup chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 4 teaspoons paprika
  • 4 tablespoons ground cumin
  • 8 teaspoons table salt
  • 4 teaspoons black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne


NOTE:  These amounts make a pretty hefty portion.  I think it's nice to make a bunch and have it on hand.  But, if you'd prefer to make only a small amount, see portions below:

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • pinch of cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon table salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally stealing this idea and making it for my co-workers this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was an awesome gift, BTW. Gonna do this one in Nairobi. Thanks for the recipe, amiga!

    ReplyDelete