Monday, January 20, 2014

Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwich

I just finished eating this sandwich:












It was so easy.  And, fast (like, 10-15 minutes from start to finish, fast).  And gooooooooooood.  I inhaled it and then felt very happy.  I felt obligated to share this recipe as soon as possible because of its delicious goodness.

Enjoy!    


PESTO CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES

Pesto: 
  • 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 3 tablespoons pine nuts
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan
  • 1/3 cup olive oil 
  • Kosher salt, to taste
  • black pepper, to taste

Sandwich:
  • 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
  • 1/4 cup Greek (or regular) plain yogurt
  • arugula or spinach
  • tomatoes, sliced
  • mozzarella, sliced 
  • baguette or sliced artisan bread, toasted 

Combine basil, garlic, pine nuts, and parmesan in the bowl of a food processor.  


With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified.  


Season with salt and pepper to taste.  


In a large bowl, combine chicken, pesto, yogurt, and salt and pepper, to taste.  


Serve on baguettes or artisan bread. topped with arugula, sliced tomatoes, and sliced mozzarella.  I toasted the artisan bread with the mozzarella on it so the bread was toasty and the cheese was melty and delicious.  YUM!  


Source:  Damn Delicious 

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, I know exactly what I'm going to do with the Costco chicken in my fridge. Don't judge me if I use store bought pesto......

    ReplyDelete