Monday, October 20, 2014

Glazed Salmon

I've made this three weeks in a row.  It makes me feel a little more confident in my fish-cooking abilities.  I did almost set off my apartment building's fire alarm last week, but even that didn't shake my confidence.  Because after aggressively fanning the smoke alarm with a cookie sheet, the smoke cleared out, and the salmon tasted amazing.  And, as an added bonus, I think I've figure out how to avoid previously mentioned smoke.  See notes below! 


  












GLAZED SALMON
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
  • 1 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce 

Preheat oven to broil and move rack to the second level from the top.


Whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium heat, just until better melts.  Whisk until smooth.  


Line baking sheet with foil.  


Spread sauce on fish and broil 8-12 minutes in oven.  Do not turn over.  


Cook just until fish flakes easily with a fork.   

NOTES:

  • I reduced the amounts above because it felt like I was wasting a lot of sauce.  If you're cooking a big piece of salmon, you'll probably want to double the sauce.  
  • I find that brushing the sauce on works best.  When there is excess sauce on the foil it tends to smoke and burn.  Brush on as much sauce on top of the filet as you can without too much of it running down to the foil.  














Source: A Bountiful Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment