- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving
- olive oil
- arugula (or other salad greens)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Pound chicken breasts (between two sheets of parchment paper) until they are 1/4-inch thick. Use either a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Combine flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate.
On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon water.
On third plate, combine bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan.
Coat chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan.
Cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium low heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
To make lemon vinaigrette, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Toss arugula with lemon vinaigrette.
Place a mound of greens on each hot chicken breast.
Top with additional Parmesan.
Source: Ina Garten