Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hummus

I currently live in the land of hummus. It's a pretty regular part of the diet in these parts so I haven't really felt a need to make my own, especially since I've tried to make it in the past unsuccessfully.  However, I was at book club a while back at my friend Kelly's house and she served this delicious homemade hummus.  I couldn't get enough.  I raved about it so much that she brought me the leftovers.  The texture is fantastic and it has a nice balance of lemon and garlic.  You can play with the ingredients to get the texture and flavor you like.














HUMMUS
  • 2 cans (15 ounces) chickpeas
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
  • 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup tahini, stirred well
  • 1/3 cup olive oil

Place chickpeas, garlic, and Kosher salt in the bowl of a food processor and process for a minute or so.  Scrape down the sides of the bowl.  


Add the lemon juice, water, and tahini while the food processor is running.  Scrape down the sides of the bowl again.  


Add the olive oil with the food processor running and process until the hummus is a desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment