- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (this last time I used mini chocolate chips)
- Oreo cookies (or Double Stuff Oreos if you so desire)
- 1 package brownie mix, prepared as directed on the box
- caramel topping (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 and line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper.
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Press the cookie dough evenly into the pan.
Place the Oreos on top of the cookie dough.
Spread or drizzle the caramel topping on top of the Oreos.
Prepare brownie batter as directed.
Pour brownie batter on top.
Bake for about 50 minutes.
Bars are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out with a bit of a moist crumb attached.
Remove from oven and let cool completely, about 2 hours.
Cut into squares and serve.
TIPS for the CUPCAKE VERSION:
- Place a small (if you use too much the cup will overflow) amount of the chocolate chip cookie dough in the bottom of each cup.
- Use a tart tamper to flatten out the dough.
- Place an Oreo on top of the dough
- Top with brownie mix. Again, do not overfill the cup. I did and it made a mess!!
- I wouldn't recommend using the caramel for this version. It made the brownie/cookie too sticky and difficult to remove from the cupcake liner. They were really good without it.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.