I love, love, love these two dishes. They are so good together. They are pretty easy and so flavorful. A super bonus is that the peanut sauce is good for a MONTH in the fridge. I love that. Once again, we have Ina to thank for two fabulous recipes. What would we do without her?
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- chicken tenderloins
Place lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic in gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
Add chicken and toss in bag to coat evenly.
Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2/3 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
Cook the olive oil, sesame oil, red onion, garlic, ginger root, and red pepper flakes in a small, heavy-bottomed pot on medium heat until the onion is transparent, 10 to 15 minutes.
Whisk in the vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, peanut butter, ketchup, and lime juice
Cook for 1 more minute.
Cool and use as a dip for Grilled Lemon Chicken skewers.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Source: slightly modified from Ina Garten.