Saturday, September 1, 2012

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

I loved my children's literature class in college. Not surprising since this has become one of my passions as a teacher.  My professor was inspiring and fun.  He wanted us to develop our own love of reading so that we could model it for our students.  One day towards the end of the semester, his wife brought us cookies and milk and shared this recipe with us. 

I really love that these have Rice Krispies in them.  The texture is so great.  This last time I made them I used Trader Joe's mini peanut butter cups instead of chocolate chips and they were amazing. 

WARNING:  Do not over bake.  Cookies, in my opinion, should never be crunchy.  It's okay if they look a little gooey when you take them out of the oven.  Leave them on the pan for a bit and they will continue to cook and be soft and chewy and delicious.       

 
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
  • 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups oats
  • 2 cups Rice Krispies
  • 12 ounces chocolate chips


Cream butter and sugars. 


Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix.


Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda.


Add oats and Rice Krispies and mix well.


Add chocolate chips. 


Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment