(makes about 24 taquitos)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup green salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced finely (white and green parts to equal about 4 tablespoons)
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (1 rotisserie chicken)
- 3 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- small yellow or white corn tortillas
- kosher salt
- olive oil
Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with olive oil.
Mix softened cream cheese, green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
Then add cilantro, green onions, chicken, and cheese and combine well.
Working with a few tortillas at a time, place 3-4 between two damp paper towels and microwave for 45 seconds, until tortillas are soft and pliable and don’t crack while rolling.
Place 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on the tortilla and roll it up as tight as you can.
Place filled taquitos seam side down on the baking sheet, making sure they don’t touch each other.
When ready to bake, spray the tops lightly with olive oil and lightly sprinkle Kosher salt.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.
Serve immediately with pico, sour cream, and guac.
Source: slightly adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe