Last night I made roasted brussel sprouts using this same combo of ingredients and it was fantastic. The original recipe from Ina calls for pine nuts and basil. I didn't use them either time because I don't typically have them on hand and it was still super tasty. I love it when recipes use ingredients that I already have!
PARMESAN-ROASTED BROCCOLI or (BRUSSEL SPROUTS)
- 4-5 pounds broccoli or 1 1/2 pounds brussel sprouts
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cut the broccoli into florets. (You should have about 8 cups.) Or, cut the Brussel sprouts in half.
Place broccoli on pan in mound and add 5 tablespoons olive oil.
Use your hands to toss broccoli until well coated with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper.
Roast for 20-25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
Remove broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, Parmesan and basil.
Source: Ina Garten, Back to Basics book